Got the intention to look for the information on how to bypass the HDD password on Toshiba laptop and haven’t found the correct answer yet? Hold on, take a chill pill because you are in the right place.
The thing is, Toshiba laptops are some of the most highly regarded laptops on the market. With their reputation, there are many computer owners who want to use them for their high-end services.
Many Toshiba owners know that there are some signs you will need to fix the Toshiba HDD password. When you use your Toshiba laptop, it is essential to know that if your HDD password is turned on, you will not be able to access any of your personal files on your laptop.
Therefore, you need to stick with me in case you discover the right solution. Of course, you will have it. Without wasting further time, let’s start with today’s topic.
How to Bypass HDD Password on Toshiba Laptop?
Follow the below-given procedure for solving this problem with your Toshiba Laptop.
- First of all, open your laptop and remove the HDD. Then turn it down.
- It’s time to insert that Bootable CD or plug in the booted USB installer into the laptop port available to you on your laptop.
- Make sure you have inserted it, and then turn your notebook on. No matter what type of media you choose, you need to make sure that you have turned on your laptop to enter into its BIOS using the Bootable option. From there, you can select the primary boot system for a particular media such as USB or CD.
- After that, place the Hard disk drive again inside your laptop and install the Operating system through that portable media. Make sure that your laptop’s base and service plate are opened as prior.
- You might see an error message indicating that you need to enter your hard drive password in order to complete the installation of your operating system.
- To get around this, you’ll want to remove the device from the base of the laptop before the OS installation starts.
- You’ll also need to make sure that you tap Enter twice before rebooting! Now, if everything goes smoothly, you should be able to boot up straight into your GUI without needing to type in any passwords for your hard drive.
- However, you can update your Toshiba Laptop BIOS without having the need for an HDD. This will happen on the internet automatically. You can visit the Toshiba support center for the required information.
Please note that while we’re confident this tutorial will assist in protecting against your HDD password being locked on boot. If you’ve forgotten the BIOS or HDD passwords on your Toshiba laptop, there is a more thorough explanation. And the complicated process for reinstating administrative privileges on the device.
Because of the complicated nature of breaking through these security systems, we suggest giving Toshiba a call. They might be able to offer suggestions or possibly even complete the task for you without any need for purchasing new hardware – having purchased your system directly from them.
How to change the password on a Toshiba Laptop for the BIOS or HDD?
There are two options to change your BIOS password. Both of these are given as.
- First of all, press F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- After that, press F12 to enter BIOS settings and change your BIOS password right from there.
- Choose from the Set HDD user Password or Set User Password with arrow keys or mouse pointer. Then press the Enter button.
- After that, enter your new password. Then go to the Start menu and enter the Control Panel, open it.
- Search there Toshiba HW setup, and you can use this option as an alternative to this process of setting up your Toshiba BIOS password.
- Keep in mind that your old BIOS password will be erased, and you will have to enter a new one.
For HDD password, follow these steps:
- Hold down the F9 and F12 buttons at the same time.
- Press the power button and keep it pressed until the system shuts off.
- Release all keys when you see a black screen with white writing.
- Release the power button when you visit the BIOS screen.
- Type in the current password that you are already using.
- Now, type in the new password you wanna protect your HDD with.
- After that, please type in the new password again to confirm it. You are good to go with
How to unlock the HDD password using Toshiba HDD password unlock software?
Unpack and run Toshiba HDD unlock software and connect your Toshiba hard drive to the laptop’s USB port.
After that, the Toshiba HDD password remover will find all drives and display them by name. Select the located drive and click on the ‘Unlock’ button. In this case, the number of attempts is 2 by default.
After pressing the ‘Unlock’ button, you should put the Toshiba laptop HDD password in the ‘Enter password’ field. Click on the ‘Unlock’ button again. After that, it will be unlocked. It can take some time to unlock the HDD password. When it is unlocked, you can use your HDD device again and access it independently.
How to remove the HDD password using CMD?
To remove the hard drive password in windows, you need to go to the command prompt and follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Download and install Hiren’s Boot CD and then boot from it using the “Change Boot Order” option in the BIOS. This is a free tool that will make you remove the password from your Solid-state drive or hard disk drive.
Step 2: Once you have downloaded and installed the above tool, open it and run the “Passwords” option. Then enter your hard drive’s password and then run the “Administrator” option. This is pretty easy as everything is given on the screen.
Step 3: Now, you are good to run the “CMD” option and then enter the following command: “diskpart.” This is the command you are gonna use for removing the password from your HDD using the CMD.
Step 4: Now, enter “list disk” to get the disk number of hard drives. If you are sure about the number format of the hard drive, then enter “select disk 1” to select hard drive 1.
Step 5: After that, enter “clean” to remove the password. This will remove the previous password from your drive.
Step 6: Now enter “exit” to exit the disk part.
Step 7: You need to enter “exit” again to exit the CMD. Also do so, so that you can come to the main window.
Step 8: Now format the hard drive using the “format” command available to you on the front screen.
Step 9: After you have done formatting, enter “exit” to get back to the boot menu. Your task with the laptop removal is finished now.
Step 10: Now boot into windows.
Step 11: Remove the boot CD from the hard drive.
As you have finished applying all the steps, you are good to go with your removed password from the HDD using this command.
Resetting The Toshiba Laptop password with the Help of a Disk:
According to many Toshiba laptop users, this is the more accessible and most common way of resetting your Toshiba laptop’s password. For this, you must have a disk made for resetting the password. Then you need to follow the below-given steps, and you are all good to go.
- When you turn on your Toshiba Laptop and type some unmeaningful characters into the password box of its windows, you can see a Reset Password option below.
- Now, you need to enter the password reset disk that you already have created before. Enter it and press the Reset Password to access the Password Reset Wizard on your laptop’s window.
- Keep pressing the next and prompting the screen until you see the passwords reset box on the screen.
- When you see it, you can enter a new password or leave that place blank.
- Also, you can add some hints for your new password, and you are good to go. This is how you’re gonna reset your Toshiba laptop’s password by using a password reset disk.
FAQS—How to Bypass HDD Password on Toshiba Laptop
What is the HDD master password?
The HDD Master Password is used to delete all personal data stored on the HDD device. However, you may want to create one to avoid unauthorized access to your hard drive. To reset the password, you will require the HDD Master Password.
How to bypass the HDD password on an ASUS laptop?
This is not an easy task to unlock an ASUS laptop. Your main concern should be the hard drive password. You won’t succeed in accessing the computer without removing the hard drive password. Now, the question is how to remove the hard drive password.
If you were aware of the hard drive password, then you can easily remove it. Just open the BIOS, change the password to blank, and then change it to the default system admin password. You can also use a third-party software or hardware tool to unlock the HDD.
Remember that you must find the default system admin password to access the laptop. Uninstall the hard drive password if you don’t know the default system admin password.
How can I reset my password on a MacBook?
The most common way to reset a password in a MacBook is to boot in Recovery Mode and restore the system from a Time Machine backup.
However, you can also reset the password through the Terminal. To do this, turn your machine on and hold Command+R until you see the Apple logo, then press Command+Option+P+R.
After the device reboots, you will see a message telling you that you must enter your computer’s built-in administrator’s name and password to continue.
Type in the username and the password, and your Mac will be restored to its factory settings. You will need to log in with your new password.
This approach works well if you’ve forgotten the password associated with the admin user. Still, it will wipe out your whole system.
If you want to protect your data, use the other approach to resetting the password.
How to remove the HDD password from the Toshiba Satellite laptop?
Trying to find out the laptop recovery password by recovery disc or recovery partition is indeed a great idea. However, in most cases, a recovery disc or recovery partition is not available for Toshiba laptops.
The best way to remove HDD passwords from Toshiba laptops is to use recovery password recovery software. Download this program. After that, install it on your system.
Now, choose your laptop model and insert a USB drive into it. Once plugged in, create a recovery drive for bypassing the password. Now, enter the recovery drive and recover the HDD password. You have successfully unlocked the Toshiba laptop.
How much does it cost to unlock the forgotten password HDD on a Toshiba Laptop?
Actually, the cost is negotiable. If you are fantastic enough to pay $250, then you might get away with it. If you are not in a hurry, you can negotiate the price in favor of yourself. You can get in touch with the nearest computer repair shop in your area. And ask them if they could unlock your forgotten password HDD for the Toshiba laptop.
We have provided you with a few different methods that you can try if you have forgotten your Toshiba laptop hard drive password. You want to bypass it and access your data. Also, you have fulfilled your desires by looking for information on how to bypass the HDD password on the Toshiba laptop.
That’s true that there are other methods as well, and you should try several different approaches if the first methods don’t work. Hopefully, one of these methods will work for you, and you can get back to the critical files on the hard drive.
Moreover, we hope this article has been informative and exciting for you, and we would like to thank you for reading it. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. We will also love to hear from you if you have any feedback or thoughts on this article.